FOLDEAT | A Modular Lunchbox That Unfolds Into An Eating MatFoldeat has 15 unique features smartly integrated. Packing and eating on the go have never been easier. Pledge Here
Set your goals as high as you like, sticking to any diet plan has never been easier.
There have been month of prototyping and testing.
- Testing of the way if closes, until we’ve found a mechanis that is simple to use and takes advantage of every part.
- Prorotyping the containers to have just the right size of a proper meal.
- Creating features that would benefit the user not by adding extra parts but by optimizing what it already had.
FoldEat will keep you in the permanent spotlight because:
- In design, a line has to connect correctly with every other line, or it just doesn’t look right. FoldEat looks quite right.
- This lunchbox, every way you look at it, not one bit of it, screaming, “Please like me.” It’ s just a beautiful, complete, mature shape.
- We’ve worked for months developing the unique system it opens and closes. Paid attention to every detail and made a set of containers that complement it.
Every part is custom made for FoldEat, a lunchbox in a class of it’s own.
We’ve done our homework.
As soon as FoldEat reaches its funding, we will start preparing production, even if the campaign is still live. We’ve been in contact with a great factory in the EU that will produce FoldEat according to our high standards.
Because it’s made in EU, there won’t be any additional taxes for EU backers, and US backers won’t be charged any China import fees.
We have 4 stages we have to deal with, and 4 different suppliers.
- 1. Production of molds for the plastic parts and injection. We’ve signed with an excellent factory that can meet our standards both in delivery times and quality. They will also source the materials and provide all the certifications. Making the molds and the plastic parts are the hardest and longest stage, and this is where we started. This stage has begun as soon as we’ve reached our funding goal.
- 2. Production of the mat – we’ve been in negotiations with three factories, and we’re waiting for the final samples, production is expected to start in January – we will work with the company that delivers the best quality. Assembly of the accessories and packing will happen at this location.
- 3. The design of the packaging and production of all the boxes will done in February / March. These will be shipped to the factory that makes the mat for final assembly,
- 4. Arrangements for the shipping & delivery of the goods. We will work with a well-known company that can deliver fast.
We are a team of designers and entrepreneurs with a passion for well-tought stylish items we’d love using on a daily base.
Making this product was a dream we had for years as we often struggle with the hard work of eating healthy and most of the options out there are not practical or just plain ugly,
This year we finally made the leap to devote all our time and resources into making FoldEat a reality.
Alex, Michael & the FoldEat Team
Let’s talk about materials. Do you know what s killing planet earth? PLASTIC.
- by NOT making Foldeat another box containing boxes we’ve kept the use of plastic to a minimum.
- all the exterior parts that don’t get in touch with the food are made from recycled plastic.
- because FoldEat’s containers are made out of Tritan they will last longer in time – so you’ll also keep the use of plastic to a minimum while saving money.
The containers are made out of Tritan.
- Tritan is a BPA-free plastic — it is not manufactured with bisphenol A (BPA) or other bisphenol compounds, such as bisphenol S (BPS).
- Tritan is impact-resistant — products can be used without fear of shattering.
- Tritan is tough — extending the useful life of water bottles and food containers, potentially reducing waste.
- Tritan has exceptional dishwasher durability — encouraging proper sanitation for greater plastic container safety.
- Tritan is much lighter than glass — making it easier to handle without the fear of breaking.
- Tritan has no estrogenic or androgenic activity — see the FAQs page to learn more.
- Tritan is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®.1 In addition, Eastman is a Responsible Care® company and is committed to using creativity and technical expertise to provide sustainable solutions. 2
This project is promoted by Jellop, the ad tech power behind the best Kickstarters with 900+ successful Kickstarter projects with over $390MM raised between them.
Search for awesome projects
You may also be interested in
Nuovo Si Technology| Minimal | USB-A | USB-C | 20W | Fast Charging | Universal Compatibility
Ever so often, a technology comes along and changes the status quo. The compact disc made floppies go extinct, the flash drive did the same to compact discs, and then cloud storage came again to change the game. What the ECLLPSE does is give us a taste of what the...
Ultra-fast 5W laser engraver & cutter for art, business & leisure use